Have YOU Got A Claim On YOUR Video?
Have YOU Placed A Claim On MY Video?
For "YouTube" I ONLY use AUDIAM to administer my music. This means if you see claims on YOUR videos with anything like "3rd party" or "a number of music publishing companies" then a 3rd party(s) claim(s) is/are on the video and it/they MAYBE shouldn't be.
Possible Reasons for this?
A) you used other music besides mine and they wont split revenue on a video
B) you used a famous track that's "public domain" and sounds like someone else's recording
C) i have used a legal sample within one of my tracks "that you or someone else" has/have used in yours
D) some lamer tryna earn off music they don't own and conflicting claims = blocked video
E) You used creative commons, yet clearly didn't understand what No Derivatives means
A claim made on my behalf should state THREE IMPORTANT pieces of information
ARTISTS NAME: TheWraith517
WHAT YOU USED: AKA The Name Of The Track They Say You Used
AND Audiam: who are the P.R.O making the claim
(they DO NOT BLOCK VIDEOS unless being used for P.P.V)
also the phrase "on my behalf" refers to a piece of music i made and sent to audiam, they catalogued it and sent that to google.
The downside is this system is AUTOMATED.. no ones their listening and pointing fingers at you right, no ones getting personal or in your face.. So its wise not to fly off the handle and assume someone human is accusing you for something.
Here is how to professionally and quickly resolve any copyright issues..
(and help googles content ID scanner learn more and work better)
1) If you have a claim on a video from Audiam regarding TheWraith517 and you believe in all good faith the music you have used was "not" made by "TheWraith517" and was in fact "made by you or for you" Then you simply click the Dispute button on "your video" and you must ber in mind google see what you type "and a representative of audiam" the audiam rep will listen to the track read what you have written and if its clear they are different they will lift the claim and they will try and help google define the 2 tracks in the future with the information learnt from both pieces of music. If they listen to the tracks and they feel they are the same, they MAY ask you for more information.. OR they may contact me. It depends how much information is online to validate your dispute or my initial claim of ownership (audiam actually look around when the system gets a dispute) They take into consideration what you have stated "in the youtube dispute box" and they research it, this is such a mundane task which earns them their 25%.
2) If you have used a royalty free sample from a video editing package OR sound loops library of some kind and that is what its picked up on, you just explain that in the Dispute box and again.. the claim will be reviewed by a human and the claim would be removed. (its been a while now since ive had any specific issues because only a couple of tracks cause this issue) one being "Night Of The Dead" which is resolved when disputed and any loss in earnings is automatically moved right back to the video makers adsense OR adrev account. The P.R.O go by the book and stat's and money is always 3 months behind giving masses of leeway for no loss of earnings and no problematic payments.
3) Audiam do NOT STRIKE Accounts (on my behalf) It is why i chose them to administer my work in the first place, their not my 2nd go at this, their my first, i did a lot of research on companies for "longevity"
I use google adsense for my own uploads and audiam to monitor other usage outside of my control. There would be NO point of me making (and giving away) all this music if it got videos banned right? A little research before ranting (for a fair few people now) would clearly show that.
4) Video Blocked??
In reference to "A" and also "C" above, this can expand in cases where 2 artists have a similar piece of music, yet you only used one.. But the 2 claims can snowball. Audiam will share adrev with other parties involved. SOME other P.R.O's will NOT share.
IE: we represent that artist used in the video and we want ALL ad rev, and if they don't get it "THEY" block the video. I don't do that, they don't do that for me neither.
5) Some 3rd parties don't give a crap, they WILL Ignore your dispute for 30 days (granted you will win if they fail to respond, but that's your video blocked for 30 days until it lapses) Audiam don't do that, but that said.. They also have NO WAY to verify your claim until they can listen to it, so Audiam could possibly have to wait 30 days to check the video once it goes live again after the 3rd party claim has expired (but the point there is.. after the 30 days it would go live again) then you could just hit dispute on the audiam claim and paste the same info you originally sent (that would of reached the 3rd party blocking it)
Ive contacted audiam personally in the past to remove claims after being asked (or should i say told) to check out a video.. yet tbh as you have a dispute option and im paying 25% for people to deal with it, i don't have to even speak to people (i only have to speak to Audiam & Google, not you) Yet i have, even though out of all the (c) issues ever arisen to date.. only 2 have been pleasant interactions with other artists, the rest have just been full on dim witted rants towards me. Ive been accused of stealing music, someone even said i Denounced them, all because "the system" isn't perfect? (and the majority of you have zero idea how anything works.. when it works..)
THINGS TO REMEMBER..
IT'S AUTOMATED (And Its Run By Google)
I PROBABLY HAVE NO IDEA WHO THE HELL YOU ARE
CHANCES ARE IVE NEVER EVEN HEARD YOUR MUSIC
IT'S NOT PERSONAL, NOR VINDICTIVE
IT IS A MISTAKE MADE BY A COMPUTER SCANNING AUDIO PEEKS
THE DISPUTE BUTTON IS THEIR FOR A REASON
THEIR IS A LOT OF ADVISE ON THIS BLOG TO COPYRIGHT, PROMOTE, EVEN SELL YOUR MUSIC AND ALL THE GUIDES RECOMMENDED BOTH FREE SERVICES AND PAID SERVICES (we do not run or control any of these companies) NOR DO WE HAVE SHARES IN THEM.... (we just investigated them before we chose which companies to use) AND THAT ADVISE WE OFFER FREELY ON OUR BLOG
I am an untrained musician, most my music is played hands on in real time with very little time put into it (a gift and a curse) so its rare claims mismatch, but on odd occasions if i use SAMPLES they do sometimes conflict.. be it a drone of some kind... or a simple drum beat... But it doesn't mean anyone's out to get you if you get a claim (that's why its a claim, not a strike, you just dispute it if its wrong)
I am just a muso who's copyrighted his work and has a company that keeps track of it on youtube (purchase has always been optional and some of its never been or will be for sale) But you can't slam a guy for copyrighting his work. Audiam take 25% of what they find for administration fees (and they administer it pretty well in my opinion) When the google content ID system drops the ball, its not really audiams fault, nor is it really googles fault. If the google content id system had your music via your self OR a "p.r.o" then google would be able to tell the 2 apart..
When audiam enable ad revenue "split" with the video maker, then even people with NO google adsense will be able to earn money from their videos, by simply using my music and telling them what piece they used and where they put the video.. I have already agreed to this, but the system is not fully in place (though some tracks are now in the ad-revenue share section...
You just require an Audiam account to Earn from using them. I have spent many random moments creating some very varied and versatile stuff, making it available with a direct download from facebook, optional cd's with graphcs, even made videos of them to preview before download.
I have NO manager, NO graphic designer, NO admins, No webmasters, Im just a guy with very little free time these days, tryna entertain.. inform and earn a little along the way.. that is why i have made this page upon the blog..
IF you need to contact me simply go to the facebook "Page" (not group) and on the page is a "Message Button" I am the only admin upon the page, no one clicks on then off messages.. if you sent it, ile get it. If im still alive, but the advise on this page is simple (and if you just message me their to moan or rant, you'll get redirected back here in my reply) You should know what "your" using and you should know where "it" came from, So If Its Yours Then Just dispute the claim.. If Its A Sample-Set You Have Arranged Your Self" Then Just dispute the claim.. your not the only people who get claims, google has a complex help system. Im not some big company out to get people shafted.. read around.. i have some of the most genuine tutorials around (and none of them want you to buy the 2nd half as a pdf OR video course)
Nor is my blog full of pop ups and crap, i use "Secure Google Adds" which earns me much less than most web pages people visit..
A Peek file (like an SFK from soundforge or vegas video for example) is a fingerprint of an audio recording. Youtubes content ID scanner works sort of like a "Virus Killer" it has a scan engine and collection of pattern files, when it finds something it thinks belongs to someone else it puts a "claim" on the content.
The WORST Assumption you can ever make is "well i uploaded my video before them"
that is the mother of all f.. up's. I have tracks uploaded in 2013/2014
and the copyright for some dates back to 2005/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013 and so on.
My upload dates mean nothing if you think about it logicically.
I don't hide who i am, nor what i do... I Also Share HOW I Do It
But don't expect me not to copyright my compositions.. that's just dumb..
Google Search TheWraith517
Just because i don't hide behind a BIG LABEL doesn't mean im gona keep taking grief or stupidity from total strangers who get the wrong end of the stick and seriously jump the gun. People should be seriously grateful i even respond to them, i don't need to, i don't force people to speak to my legal team.
You MUST look at a claim as a Question from an Administrator/Moderator , and the Dispute Button box as the answer you give that person in authority. And remember The Machine sends you the claim, the other side has NO idea who you are.. UNTIL you click Dispute.
FACT: Youtube Have A Set Of Audio Fingerprints And It Looks For Them..
FACT: When It Finds One, It Sends An.. AUTOMATED CLAIM
FACT: On The Claim Is The Information Submitted Many Many Moons Ago
*Could Of Been Copyrighted Years Ago.. it says ADMINISTERED BY
IT IS "NOT" THE ARTIST ATTACKING YOU (not in my case that is for sure)
I often wonder what peoples "first jump the gun reaction would be" if it said Administered by EMI or Administered by Sony.. then just how fast would some people retaliate (bad word i know) but that's what most of you do who i sent here to read this.. Jumped the gun, entered into a pointless battle over being asked a question by a moderator/administrator/a cause for concern of sorts... Dejavu Much..
ALSO BE WARNED:
Sending in a copyright claim (be it stupidity or genuine concern) and you affect my account "with a STRIKE then i am left no choice but to take legal action" If i get a strike because of "you" then you have given google cause for concern, which in turn removes my ability to..
1) Link to external sites (such as stores)
2) Stream Live Events (to paid subscribers)
Those two alone fall under loss of earnings
3) And the inability to earn revenue off the video you have also reported.
I EXPECT PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH ME (OR AUDIAM) TO RECTIFY PROBLEMS
ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS PROBLEMS THEY INSTIGATE
In essence your own stupidity over false reports removes 3 ways of me earning & not just from ONE video OR one piece of music, external annotation linking is disabled on EVERY VIDEO.. at the moment thats around 800 items on 1 channel alone and i have more than 1 channel. You'll be affecting my web spider as well, and i am afraid i will no longer pussy foot with people who are clearly this brainless.
You Can By This Track Here.. removing that link is possible loss of earnings FACT..
Ive just had one claim from a user who has used "samples" in a track, he judged my upload date & reported my video because he's used them samples earlier that year?, While in essence my track is a full composition track (using more than 3 samples) copyrighted almost 2 years before HIS and MY upload dates to YT (proven fact)..
More shockingly his track is around 3 samples that repetitively play, which in essence is actually sharing "the sample's" not a Complex Composition (which is actually illegal in some cases because your meant to share "derivatives" of the loops, not just the loops them selves) duh..
He's also used my help to get his video back to no adverts, while leaving mine sitting in limbo because he has no idea how to catch the ball he kicked in temper. Thus making him the fifth person to speak to me like sh*t within 3 messages, while ive yet to wake up and read the first. While im tryna be helpful and explain, wasting my time a little digging would of uncovered more facts available to the public about the track, he would of seen the date mine was released and copyrighted and maybe not of reported my video?
SO... Anyone expects any more help (on top of what ive bothered to type out above) Ide be a little more respectful.. IF you drop the ball.. and im alive, reach out to me on fb, if ive long since passed, just re-read the info above, the solutions are in place, you just have to think, read and respond to companies.
UNDUE STRESS IS UNNECESSARY AND SERIOUSLY OUT OF ORDER
Trolls also beware.. You can Spoof your IP all you want, but your MAC Address and your IME Number will get your devices Banned from ALL Google services if you misuse their services on your devices.
Last but NOT LEAST
IF you made a claim "your self" on someone's video (while logged into youtube) you should be able to go HERE and reply to claims, remove them and what ever..
If you were NOT logged into youtube and made a claim, you can remove it by emailing google with the following information
- A statement of retraction (such as "I hereby retract my claim of copyright infringement")
- The complete and specific URL of the video in question (like: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxxxxx)
- An electronic signature (typing your full legal name will do)
Its very simple to claim and retract a claim, if your calm....
UNDERSTANDING YOUR RIGHTS? Read Here It's Important....